Monday, April 6, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

What a BUSY & HECTIC week. So I am headed to California with the 2 boys this Thursday for a 5 week trip; 3 weeks away from Daddy. All you Mommy's out there know how much work planning and packing for a trip with kids is. UGH!!!! I have to admit the only easy thing I did do was order Diapers, Wipes, & Formula for a great price and free shipping to be waiting for us when we arrive. That helps.... But of course since we have this BIG trip coming up we all get sick; Todd is the only healthy one so far. I got hit with a mean Sinus Infection, which is now traveling into my chest, and was put on some Antibiotics, Decongestants, Expectorants, & Suppressants; the whole SheBang!!!! This could be a painful 7 hour flight if these don't kick in. Austin is congested, but so far has not gotten any worse; I'm crossing my fingers. And Cody is so congested and the Pediatrician was not too thrilled on the rattle he had going on in his chest today; Bronchitis and an upper airway infection. He got started on Antibiotics tonight too so hopefully we nick this thing in the butt now and he doesn't get any worse. Oh yeah, and our chunky monkey weighed 20 lbs. 13.5 ozs. We have 3 days for the drugs to kick in before we get on the plane. I am really crossing my fingers. Here's the funny quote of the day from my Dr., "Put your feet up and rest/sleep until you leave on Thursday so you don't get any worse!" Yeah OK!!!! Let me think, I'm a mom of 2 cranky sick boys and I have to pack for 3 people. Enough said......

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Isn't that just "great"! Sorry you are all sick and right before having to pack and organize for a long trip! Same thing happened to me the week I was suppose to get things packed and ready for Cabo. You should start feeling better after 3days of the anitbiotics. I was also just sick the last 1-2 wks and finally am just feeling better. Once I got the antibiotics things started to slowly go away. Good luck for all of you getting better before you flight! Have a good time here in CA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I don't think I would ever travel by myself with two little kids! You are nuts! I guess you are here now!

    ReplyDelete