Austin & I headed to the Surgery Center early this morning to have his ear tubes put back in and to have his adenoids out. After that NASTY ear infection that ruptured his ear drum this summer and NUMEROUS rounds of oral antibiotics (which do a number on his poor gut), we were FINALLY getting the tubes. Austin was ok about the surgery, but DID NOT want the oxygen mask put on him. He was ok as long as no one talked about the mask to put him asleep (come on people STOP bringing it up), but when they took our little man from me he screamed MOMMY all the way to the OR. Poor guy!!!! Thank goodness it was such a quick surgery and everything went perfect. They called me back and I met him in the hall coming out of the OR. He was groggy, but he was adamant about them putting his shoes back on and removing the IV. Man did that IV make him mad when he saw it. He did a good job at getting a popsicle down so they finally took it out. We hung around for a bit and were then discharged pretty quick. He complained a little about his throat, but said his ears were fine. We picked up his prescriptions and headed home. I thought for sure he'd go to sleep and "take it easy" like the Dr. said, but he got home, had some ice cream, and saw his baby brother and that all went out the window. That smile was back on his face and ran around like nothing ever happened; NO COMPLAINTS what so ever. He didn't even have any drainage from his ears. I gave him Tylenol once just because I thought I should; for me at least!!!! Austin was a TROOPER!!!!! Good job Bubba; we LOVE you!!!
Cody kept Austin smiling; acted like nothing was ever done......






No comments:
Post a Comment