So today we went to Cody's 2 year check up and he was given the 100% healthy little boy sticker!!! He was a whopping 24.4 pounds and 33 7/8 inches tall!!! He may be skinny, but don't let his size fool you!!!! The Dr. said he has exceeded his milestones for his age and he is very happy with his development. I have another skinny blond on my hands, but that is OK with me!!! They even pricked his finger to check his hematocrit and all he did was say thank you and ask for a tattoo (aka bandaid); he's so brave!!!! However, our day with Dr.'s DID NOT end there........ After our perfect appointment with the pediatrician, Cody headed home for a nap. Auntie Lou Lou and Heather arrived around 5ish that evening for a weekend visit just about the time Cody was getting up from his nap. And it was all down hill from there. About 20 minutes after their arrival, I was downstairs in the laundry room where I heard a HUGE bang and then silence. I immediately knew something happened and yelled upstairs. When I had NO response I ran upstairs and just about the top of the stairs I hear get ice, but still no crying. I get to the playroom door and just about then Cody started crying while in Auntie Lou Lou's arms and she hands him off to me. (*Cody was trying to get off of the blow up mattress and when he stepped near the edge it threw him head first into the edge of a wooden toy box. I think he was knocked out since when he hit he just laid there face down not moving until Auntie Lou Lou grabbed him.) He's a little blue (probably from the breath holding silent cry) and his forehead is HUGE and growing and splitting farther and farther open. I didn't panic! According to Austin the only word out of my mouth was $?@! I took Cody who now at this point was hysterically trying to climb over me and went downstairs to attempt to put ice on his head and look at it a little more. Well, it continued to grow and split more so I knew we had to head to the ER. I had Auntie Lou Lou come with me to keep an eye on Cody while I drove and I had Booshie call Todd at work and tell him where to meet us. Well, Cody went from hysterical to very sleepy on the way to the ER so Auntie Lou Lou was in charge of clapping and singing to keep him awake. Cody was so brave for the Dr.'s! They took us back pretty quickly and they ended up watching him for a couple of hours to make sure he was ok. They were also able to glue his head back together since it was such a clean cut vs. stitching him up. Cody let them do whatever they needed to do as long as they covered him with tattoos (or bandaids and stickers). We finally made it home and continued to watch him to make sure he continued to act ok and was able to keep food down. Besides the LARGE bump on the forehead and the glue holding his forehead together (and don't forget the scare) he was a trooper!!! As of this moment there's no bruising yet, but the black eyes will be coming........ Seriously, what a week!!!!! Glad my monkey is ok though!!!!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh my gosh! That does look huge! Poor guy! Boys will always be in the ER, I am convinced! I am shocked we haven't been there yet! We had a close one, James hit his head on the side of the coffee table started gushing blood and he still has a bump two months later!
ReplyDelete